To use one of your firm’s Dimensional Funds portfolios for an existing goal, you can select the client’s goal and click edit on the current portfolio strategy. From there, select your custom portfolio from the dropdown. Any changes to a model portfolio that is assigned to clients’ goals will propagate to those goals. Betterment for Advisors will automatically migrate each client’s goal to the new portfolio in a tax-aware manner, helping to minimize short-term capital gains.
Articles in this section
- Using Dimensional Funds through Betterment for Advisors
- If I am an advisor with access to Dimensional Funds, can I also access them on Betterment for Advisors?
- If I already use Betterment for Advisors and have been approved by Dimensional Fund Advisors, how long will it take me to get access to create and use Dimensional Fund Portfolios once I've made the request?
- If I'm new to Betterment for Advisors, but already approved by Dimensional Fund Advisors, how long will it take me to get access to Betterment for Advisors + Dimensional Funds once I've completed the process?
- What is the process for becoming approved for access to Dimensional Funds on the Betterment for Advisors platform?
- Will there be model portfolio templates available for me to use?
- Can I create a portfolio with both Dimensional Funds and ETFs?
- How do I create my own portfolios?
- Can the name for each Dimensional Funds Portfolio be customized?
- How do I assign my firm’s Dimensional Funds Portfolios to clients?