The feature will not be automatically enabled for existing goals, and you will be able to turn on the feature for your clients through impersonation:
- Log into your client’s account through impersonation
- Navigate to the Advice tab
- In the drop down, select the goal for which you’d like auto-adjust enabled
- Select Turn on auto-adjust (please note that in order for auto-adjust to work, you or your clients must choose to follow Betterment’s recommended allocation)
- Follow the Edit Allocation steps and confirm your changes
If your client adds a new account, they will be prompted to review their allocation settings when opening the account. If your client decides to follow Betterment’s allocation advice, they will, by default, have their allocation automatically adjusted as they near their goal completion date. Of course, you can always turn off auto-adjust through impersonation using the same steps above.
Please note, if you add a client goal through your B4A dashboard, your client WILL NOT be automatically opted into auto-adjust. You can enable auto-adjust using the steps above.