We will email your clients a finalized tax receipt at the end of the business day that the share transfer to the charity is completed. They will also be able to find a receipt in the Documents section of their Activity tab.
Articles in this section
- Can my client donate to charity with shares from goals using any portfolio strategy?
- Can my clients donate shares from a Tax-Coordinated Portfolio?
- Can my clients donate shares from their Betterment IRA or 401(k)?
- How can I explain to my clients why they should consider donating shares to charity?
- How can my clients donate shares?
- How do my clients get a receipt for their charitable donation?
- How do we calculate the eligible balance for making a donation?
- How does my client request a new charity be added?
- How will donating shares to charity through my clients’ accounts affect their tax forms?
- Making donations to unsupported charities through Betterment's Donor Advised Fund partner