Advisors are able to add a trust account for any existing client with just a few clicks. If you’d like to open a trust account for a prospect you’ll first need to invite them to open an Individual Taxable or any of the three available IRA accounts. Once the client opens the account they’ll appear in the Summary tab of your Advisor Dashboard. Follow the steps below to invite them to a trust account.
- Select the client's name from Summary
- Click Add Account
- Select the radio dial next to “ Trust” for the Account type screen and continue
- Confirm that this is a US domestic trust and continue
- The site will give you a chance to provide the trust name, information and documents. This is optional. If you do not provide either the client will have a chance to do so.
- Enter the account details, define the account purpose, choose the Portfolio Strategy and continue
- Set the portfolio allocation and continue
- Confirm the new account details and click send agreements when ready
- Be sure to review the Trust document requirements and advise the client to submit the correct items. The account will not be approved until these are provided and successfully reviewed.
Note: The trust will not be visible in your advisor dashboard until your client consents to the agreements. Once required information and documents have been submitted, trust approval can take up to five business days to complete.