The ETFs our Investment Committee selects for our portfolio adhere to our predefined criteria to help deliver the optimum performance at the lowest cost. We don’t believe in active management, so every investment asset passively tracks the relevant market. Specifically, we only choose ETFs that are broad-based, long-term oriented and have a low expense ratio.
Articles in this section
- Am I able to adjust the asset allocation on behalf of my clients on the platform?
- How does Betterment make portfolio suggestions for clients?
- Are the portfolio strategies available at the client, account, or goal level?
- Can advisors customize the allocation models or the portfolio?
- Can I use state-specific ETFs instead of MUB?
- Can clients hold cash?
- Do you expect to add active mutual funds to the platform?
- Why ETFs?
- What are the securities used for each asset subclass?
- What is Betterment for Advisors’ investment philosophy?