Betterment supports transfers from outside brokerages using the Automated Customer Account Transfer Service (ACATS). This is also known as an “in-kind transfer”. IRAs from most providers can be transferred to Betterment in-kind via ACATS.
Articles in this section
- Outbound Transfer Instructions
- How can I ACATS transfer ETFs, Mutual Funds, and/or cash into a transitionary Betterment account?
- Are IRAs eligible for ACATS?
- Does Betterment support ACATs?
- Do you support automatic deposits and withdrawals?
- How long does it take to transfer funds?
- How do I initiate a cash ACATS transfer for my client?
- How do clients fund their accounts?
- What is SmartDeposit?
- Can I move my funds from my personal account to a joint account?