SmartDeposit takes precautions to help prevent an overdraft. We require that your clients set a minimum bank balance of at least $1,000 and will always send them emails at least 24 hours before any transaction so they can cancel or modify their SmartDeposit. However, your clients should consider all pending transactions that may not be reflected in their bank account.
Articles in this section
- How is SmartDeposit different than auto-deposits?
- How does SmartDeposit help protect against overdrafts?
- How low can my clients set their minimum bank balance?
- How do my clients turn off SmartDeposit?
- What if my clients’ bank account balance changes?
- How often will Betterment view my clients’ bank account?
- Can my client have both SmartDeposit and auto-deposits enabled?
- Will my client be notified before every SmartDeposit transaction?
- Which goals can my client link to SmartDeposit?
- How do you calculate the amount to deposit?