If you’d like to open a joint account on behalf of your clients, at least one of the two clients involved must have a personal account before creating the joint account. The personal account does not need to be funded, nor does it need to be linked to a bank account.
To create a joint account:
- You first need to be logged in to your advisor dashboard.
- Choose the specific Household from the Clients page.
- Click ‘Add account’.
- Choose ‘Joint taxable’ from the list.
- Provide secondary account holder personal details: first name, middle initial, last name, secondary account holder email address.
- Provide optional secondary account holder details: SSN, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, DOB, gender.
- Enter account details: advice type, account name, portfolio strategy, target amount.
- Set the portfolio allocation.
- Confirm new account details and send agreements via email. We'll email your client with a link to agree to these terms and copy you on the email.
- Once the primary account holder accepts the agreement, the account will be created.
If you would like to have your client create the joint account on their own: