When dividends are paid, it may take two or three days for the reinvestment in their account to complete. Dividend reinvestment trades are displayed on their Activity page on the date the transaction completes. However, dividends are reported on their tax forms on the date they were paid, which will be several days prior to the date of reinvestment.
Articles in this section
- Tax Season Calendar
- How can my clients calculate their state-specific municipal bond ETF interest?
- Why did my client not receive a 1099-DIV, despite having received dividends?
- How should I/my clients interpret the information on their 1099-DIV?
- Why are the dates shown for dividends on my client’s Activity page different than the pay dates on their 1099-DIV?
- Why are there so many transactions on my client’s 1099-B? How can I reconcile the transactions on their Activity tab with their 1099-B?
- What tax forms will my client receive from Betterment for Advisors for their SEP IRA at the end of the year?
- Can my client contribute to a SEP IRA after April 15th if they have filed for an extension?
- Where can I find my client’s tax statements?
- Why are the sales proceeds and/or cost basis so high on my client’s 1099-B?