So long as your client has filed for an extension for their taxes, your client can contribute to their SEP IRA until October 15th, 2019. Your client will initially create the contribution as a current tax year contribution, and you or your client can reach out to our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to adjust the contribution year.
Articles in this section
- Tax Season Calendar
- How can my clients calculate their state-specific municipal bond ETF interest?
- Why did my client not receive a 1099-DIV, despite having received dividends?
- How should I/my clients interpret the information on their 1099-DIV?
- Why are the dates shown for dividends on my client’s Activity page different than the pay dates on their 1099-DIV?
- Why are there so many transactions on my client’s 1099-B? How can I reconcile the transactions on their Activity tab with their 1099-B?
- What tax forms will my client receive from Betterment for Advisors for their SEP IRA at the end of the year?
- Can my client contribute to a SEP IRA after April 15th if they have filed for an extension?
- Where can I find my client’s tax statements?
- Why are the sales proceeds and/or cost basis so high on my client’s 1099-B?