Platform fee: As of September 18, 2018, the following fee schedule is applicable to clients on the Betterment for Advisors platform (at the client level):
- All assets up to $2M: 25 bps
- All assets over $2M: 15 bps
Betterment’s platform fee includes all custodial and trading costs, as well as access to all of our technology (paperless back office, tax management features, etc.).
Implementation fee (firm-level): There is a one-time implementation fee of $250 at the firm-level.
- There are no minimums, and never any additional transaction costs for you or your clients.
- Clients pay for the expenses associated with the underlying ETFs in their portfolios out of dividends.
- The platform allows advisors to charge an advisory fee based on AUM of up to 125 bps. Advisors can set a default advisory fee at the firm level and also customize the advisory fee on an account basis. Betterment subsequently remits the advisory fee following quarter-end.